Pojahk Jintamo

s159 :: RPs :: Mini-RP :: Role-playing

Go down

Pojahk Jintamo

Post by CromTheConqueror on Mon May 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Introduction

It was black. A frozen black. A black so dark that light could not possibly escape. It was a frozen moment in time. The equivalent of a black hole. Two shadows stood there seemingly face to face.

“I will keep your secrets,” the shadow of a man spoke.

“I don't doubt that,” spoke a second shadow irritably. “The question is why would you keep my secrets? Money, future fame, influence?”
“Those would be all good reasons. But wrong ones. I will do it because it is the right thing to do.”
The man gave a cold laugh. “That's almost believable.”

“As you wish,” said the second shadow. “In the end we both know whatever my motivations it won't matter. The die is cast. The future is set. We simply go through the motions to an end that is inevitable.”

“Like always, you waste my time with your prophetic nonsense. It has no value to me. Or I suspect anyone else.”
A flaming circle burst into view the flickering flames lighting up the alley.

“Goodbye,” said the second man. He walked into the flames and was gone.

In a complex and a dusty dark, a warehouse somewhere across town, a circle of flame burst forth in the center of the room. The warehouse contained rice rockets, Chinese speeders, and brackboards destined for sensation craving West Alliance consumers. There was no security or maybe it was that someone was simply taking a nap.

Walking out of the flame came a tall figure dressed in black leather. He was thin, wiry, but so very tall. He might have been anywhere from 6'6" to 7 feet tall. The man clapped his hands twice in the circle of flame folded into itself and it was as if it had been nothing. There was no sign of its existence, of its force, of its strange ability to defy gravity by simply having been suspended in space.

“It all begins” thought the man grimly. He looked about.

He could see a guard about 100 yards away. Providing security at this small little dusty building was anything but rewarding. The guard knew it was a dead-end job. No one really cared if he did it well or did poorly. The grim man looked on recognizing that the guard was lost in his own world.
The being walked backed into the shadows and suddenly was gone. One of the shadows on the wall began to move elongating itself, stretching itself and then contracting along the wall. It moved effortlessly and with great speed. It left the wall and traveled across the floor.

Rapidly it approached where the guard playing cards sat with his back to the shadow. Suddenly the shadow pulled itself up from the floor and into the shape of the grim man or some fragment of it. He was black and inky and lacked the exactness of his former shape. His hands reached out around the throat of the card playing guard. There was a grotesque snap and the guard fell forward onto the floor. The shadow man touched a red button underneath the desk. From the blackness around him drew a suitcase. He placed it on the desk. The grim man walked out of the building unseen and into the night.

Twenty seconds later the building exploded.

Sunday night. The sun dipping down from the sky. Typical suburban house. Perhaps a typical suburban family.

“Pojahk, don’t even think about it. You were almost caught shoplifting…again.”

“Leave me alone. Dad, I’m tired of all your crap.” A fourteen year old boy screamed at his father. His accusing gaze pieced a young woman holding a baby. He said nothing but his eyes spoke for him. Traitor.

“I don't care if you're tired of my crap or not,” yelled back the older man.

“So what? Nobody cares. It was just an iAll!"

“What are you talking about… just a music player? Eventually they're going to put you into detention, Pojahk.”

“You'd like that, wouldn't you?” retorted the boy. “Then you wouldn't have to deal with me anymore. They got rid of mom and now it's time to get rid of me.”

“This isn't about your mom, Pojahk.”

“Pojahk!” cried the girl. “You’re making the baby cry. You’re not being fair to Dad. We just want to help.”

“No, it's never about mom. It's always about me. You're always on his side. I'm out of here,” the boy suddenly ran out the door.

“Damn it,” the older man punched the wall, his fist smashing through the weak material.

“I’m going to go talk to him…” muttered Pojahk’s sister as she gently laid the baby back into the crib. Her father simply nodded staring vacantly at the hole in the wall his head cocked to one side.

The street lights were dim. The neighborhood was full of shadows, dark, grim, uninviting. The sky was gray and full of clouds. The girl yelled out, “Pojahk, where are you? Pojahk, come back. Don't make it worse. Don't tear up the family any more than it is already.”

Pojahk could hear her words. It's just that at this moment he couldn't get himself to care. He was tired of all the arguing. He was tired of feeling alone in his own home.

“Pojahk!” screamed his sister.

Anne walked back into the house. She had walked around the neighborhood for a time and even tried to ask an old brown robed beggar if he had seen him but the man had simply shot her a terrified glance and hurried off. She knew he’d come back. He always did. The baby was quiet. Her father had mostly likely given him a sedative to calm her down. Anne hated using sedatives but they were safe –enough- and her father had enough on his mind without the baby screeching her heart out. Sometimes Anne wished she was a baby. She wanted nothing more then to cry and scream till her voice was gone and her body refused to shed a single drop. Maybe, then she could get on with her life. But she couldn’t. She had two children to worry about and no time to cry…no time to mourn.

“Dad?” whispered Anne. The house was dark the suns descent was nearly complete.

“Dad?” called out Anne louder.

“I’m in the kitchen,” replied her father his voice sickly and high.
Anne walked through the living room into the narrow kitchen. Her father sat at the small coffee table his head dipped down his face covered in shadow.

“Dad you okay?” asked Anne.
Her dad looked up. But it wasn’t his face. The face was bone white with dark soulless eyes. The face smiled revealing pointed bloody teeth, “I’ve never felt better honey.”

The face, leaped, from her father’s body hurling toward her. Her father’s lifeless corpse fell to the floor his face bathed in blood. Anne screamed.

Pojahk fiddled with the keys to the door. He was sorry. He hated himself. Hated himself for being such a jerk. Hated himself for being weak. He would do better he promised himself. This time.

Click.

The door opened and Pojahk walked inside.

“Hello?”

“POJAHK!” screamed Anne her voice terrified.

The voice came from the roof! Pojahk ripped upstairs catapulting up the short flight of stairs that led to the roof. He burst through the door.

“POJAHK!” screamed Anne again.

It was coming from the apartment next door! Pojahk quickly ran to the ladder and begun climbing to the next story. One, two, three stories he climbed. Finally reaching the top he stared at Anne. She stood on the far side of the flat roof facing away from him at the street below. Her clothes were ripped and blood was evident. She held a tightly wrapped baby Rose.

“Anne?” asked Pojahk scared. “Anne what…what happened to you!”

His sister began giggling. The baby squirmed uncomfortably.

Anne spoke in a voice that was not her own, “I would have hated for you to miss this.”

She tossed the baby over the edge of the roof.

Pojahk screamed, sprinting forward he slammed into his sister.

“What have you done!?” He whirled her around. Black eyes stared at him. A bone white face streaked with gore grinned up at him. Pojahk body locked in fear. The face laughed and tossed Pojahk aside like a toy.

“Time to die Pojahk,” whispered the face that possessed his sister. “Time to die…”

There was a blinding flash of light and Anne body was ripped off the roof. A rigid form illuminated in light approached him.

The voice was cold and calm, “Come…”

Pojahk heard a mind shattering screech and blackness enveloped his view.

It collided with the white form smashing it into the roof floor. The white light dimmed revealing a human like form clad in strange smooth armor. The man moved methodically and with inhuman speed ripped the shadowy form off it and slammed it into the ground. Moving over the shadows it released white lightning from the palm of its gauntlet. The shadow screeched and suddenly black ink like tentacles began ripping into its attacker’s armor. A clear liquid color poured the gaping wounds.

With a vengeful shriek the black creature shrank to the ground and slid below him. It suddenly reappeared hurling toward Pojahk. The armored man stood up. He held a sleek gun-like weapon that Pojahk had never seen before. Flaming bullets flew from the weapon shattering into the shrieking creature sending it hurling into the edge of the roof. Pojahk spied the face of the creature that had used his sister’s form.

It disappeared suddenly and the ink like shadows twisted into a large ash creature with giant claws. Tentacles twisted furiously across its back. The creature turned around and hissed furiously. The two charged into one another.

“Take my hand!” whispered a voice furiously behind Pojahk. Pojahk eyes ripped from the brutal fight. A brown dirty man stood beside him. “Take my hand!”

Pojahk stared at him dumbly. The man growled and gripped the boy’s hand.

Pojahk world went black.

The white armored man fell to the ground dead. Clear liquid blood covered the roof entirety of the roof. The shadow wheeled around. The boy was gone.

You blinked rapidly. You lay on your back in brightly lit room. Where were…?

Anne!

The thought hits you like a hammer and you close your eyes again. Rose!

A dream, you think to yourself. Nothing but a dream. The floor was rough beneath you but your brain convinces you it didn’t matter. You were asleep in bed it told him. You had a nightmare. Twisted out of your bed. Now you’re going to wake up and you’ll be in your house. Your brain is right, murmurs your heart heart. Such pain can only come from a nightmare. You open your eyes. You blinked. The room was a white bright. It took several moments for your eyes to adjust to the light.

You lay in a brightly lit room. Not your room. Your brain goes into overdrive. It’s a dream within a dream it screams. What happened could not have happened. No, you whisper to yourself. Your heart wailed in pain. It was real! You lurch up.

“I see you’re awake.”

You turn your head. A man in a black suit sat at small four legged table. It –like everything else in the room- was made of a clear glass like material

Where am I?

Who are you? Why did you save me?

What happened...I don't understand...

Who the fuck are you and what the fuck did you do to me? Tell me where I am!
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pojahk Jintamo

Post by Entaris on Mon May 25, 2009 10:55 pm

Pojahk sits up and quickly looks around the room, hyperventalating slightly, "Who the fuck are you?!" He tries to concentrate, but only manages to blur out slightly before his head erupts in pain, causing him to cry out and clench his forehead in his hand. "...and what the fuck did you do to me?! Tell me where I am!" He commands.

Not for self, for country

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Mon May 25, 2009 11:15 pm

“Calm down,” says the man quietly, his serene blue eyes appraising you, “Come sit and I shall answer your questions to the best of my ability.”

You...
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Tue May 26, 2009 12:01 am

"I AM sitting!..."Pojahk begins, but calms himself as another searing pain shoots through his head and walks carefully over to the table and sits down, "Now...tell me what the hell is going on...." He asked, his nominal calmness seeming to resurface.

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Fri May 29, 2009 9:07 pm

"Well I suppose you are," he says with a grin as he pours himself some tea.

"My name is Decessit, and I like you, am special."

Hefinishes pouring the tea and slowly sets it on a tiny plate before him.

"Care for some yourself?" he asks warmly.

No thanks.

I don't want tea, I want answers!

Lemme tell you where you can stick that tea...

Why do you mean special?

The only one "special" here is you pal.

Last edited by CromTheConqueror on Fri May 29, 2009 9:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Fri May 29, 2009 9:09 pm

Pojahk twitches slightly at the word, "special",

"What do you mean...special?" He asks suspicously, taking a cup and sipping cautiously, eyes never leaving the man's face.

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sat May 30, 2009 10:53 pm

"Come now," chuckled Decessit, "You didn't get that iAll through conventional means. The only way you could have gotten that was through a voice command and since I know for a fact you didn't get your hands voice synthesizer and that Mr. Bellum didn't open it for you that leaves but a single option."

He stops for a moment to place the pot down before continuing, "You did the impossible. Which means you have the Power."

There was a note of finality in his voice, as if the fact was without dispute, or dissuasion. "So how was it done? Electroshock to the lock? Maybe a mind nudge? It couldn’t have been violent or loud otherwise you would have been caught. Come now, speak up.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How? How could you know?
Electroshock...
I just stuck my hand through the glass.
It was only a little nudge…
Screw you. I don’t need to tell you anything.
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sat May 30, 2009 11:37 pm

Pojahk, now in better control of his mental state, took another sip of tea, "Eletroshock...they really need to work on the suge protectors...." He stated flatly.

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sat May 30, 2009 11:48 pm

As you take another sip of the tea you finally notice its foul taste.

Decessit laughs softly, either unnoticing, or uncaring of your distress with his teas quality and nods.

"Elemental projection? Damn. That's no cakewalk kid."

He pauses for a moment and considers you before shaking his head.

"Well I'm sure you have a lot of questions Dorian. Go ahead and ask. I will answer as best as I can."

What killed my family!?

What was that white thing that tried to save me?

Who are you?

What is this place?

What do you mean Power?
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sat May 30, 2009 11:51 pm

Pojahk takes another sip, looking the room over carefully, "So...what is this place?"

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sat May 30, 2009 11:57 pm

"My home," he stated simply.

Could you try and be less specific?

What killed my family!?

Who are you?

What do you mean Power?
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sun May 31, 2009 12:01 am

Pojahk sighed slighty into his tea, which was now half gone, "Do TRY and be less specific...." He gestured with his cup, "This material, it's nothing I've seen before....what is it?"

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sun May 31, 2009 12:02 am

"Could you clarify?" asks Decessit. "What material?"
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sun May 31, 2009 12:04 am

Pojahk groans and rolls his eyes, setting down the almost-empty cup of tea, "Fine, then, you can be vague..." He slapped his hands on the table and looked the man dead in the eyes a peircing, calculating stare, "I won't. What do you want from me?"

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sun May 31, 2009 12:07 am

"Your safety," replied Decessit smoothly, "Nothing more, nothing less."

Um, okay...

Is that so?

What killed my family!?

Who are you?

What do you mean Power?
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sun May 31, 2009 12:08 am

Pojahk grunted out a laugh, cocking a sarcastic eyebrow, "Is that so? Excuse me if I doubt that....society doesn't work that way...."

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sun May 31, 2009 12:10 am

"I am not a society. I am a man," Decessit face revealed a warm weariness, "One who has seen too many innocents die for a power they had no choice in."

I...see...I'm sorry.

I don't trust a word your spewing old man.

What killed my family!?

Who are you?

What do you mean Power?
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sun May 31, 2009 12:14 am

"Hmph...." Pojahk sniffed, placing himself back in his chair correctly, "Very well, I will believe you this once...."

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sun May 31, 2009 12:15 am

"Very well," murmured Decessit, "Do you have any other questions?"

What killed my family!?

Who are you?

What do you mean Power?
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sun May 31, 2009 12:16 am

"What was that...black....THING that killed my family?"

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sun May 31, 2009 12:18 am

Dicessent's face hardens and his jaw tightens.

"I wish I knew. Damn, I really wish I knew. But I'm just as clueless as you are. All I know is that they are evil, powerful, and that they want to kill every last one of us. There is only one thing you can do when you face one of those things. Run. Run, hide and escape and hope to whatever god you worship that it doesn't catch up and find you."

So they are invincible?

Who are you?

What do you mean Power?
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sun May 31, 2009 12:20 am

Pojahk smirked slightly, "So you have yet to truely save anyone, as enemies cannot be harmed without Knowledge...."

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sun May 31, 2009 12:22 am

"I saved you did I not?" Decessit replied quickly.

Uh...yeah...

Oh, damnit.
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sun May 31, 2009 12:25 am

Pojahk snorted into his teacup derisively, "Oh yes, you yelled 'grab my hand!' and we absconded through some unknown means while the two of those beings fought to the death...THAT shows power..."

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sun May 31, 2009 12:28 am

Decessit grins again clearly unaffected by your taunts.

"Well if you would have preferred if I'd left you there..."
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sun May 31, 2009 12:32 am

Pojahk furrowed his brow in a mock-frown, seeming to be warming to this strange man, "That's not the point of the statement and you know it..."

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sun May 31, 2009 12:34 am

Decessit opened his arms in equally mock innoccence "I think you'll find that I know very little Pojahk."
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sun May 31, 2009 12:39 am

Pojahk nodded with a sly smirk, "It IS what I find in most I meet...." He took his last sip of tea and straightened his chair to face the man, "So...what is our next move?"

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sun May 31, 2009 12:47 am

"Planning already are we?" said Decessit with a raised eyebrow, "Very well. Our immediate plan of action is sleep."

He points to a cushioned bed behind you with two white pillows and gray sheets with a cozy thick blue blanket.

"Get to."
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sun May 31, 2009 12:50 am

"He-?" Pojahk started slightly at the unexpected reply, then blinked slowly a few times at the man,"Sleep?...I was attacked by creatures I'm quite certain were not even from this GALAXY...and you expect me to sleep...?"

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sun May 31, 2009 12:52 am

Decessit nods like it is obvious, "Of course."
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sun May 31, 2009 12:54 am

Pojahk blinks again and smirks, "Right....you get right on substituting String Theory with an equation to prove cheese can be used as a propellant in rockets and I'll work on sleeping...bet you'll get done first..."

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sun May 31, 2009 12:55 am

Decessit shrugs, "Well I'm off to bed. You want to stay up all night be my guest."
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sun May 31, 2009 12:57 am

Pojahk nodded, "Fine, then, night..." And pulled out a pen and began jotting down plans on a hapless napkin.

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Sun May 31, 2009 1:00 am

You awake rested upon the soft bedsheets you had so vigorously denied the night before. Opening your eyes you see Decessent finishing buttoning up a plain white shirt. A solid red tie hangs from his neck and a blue colored overcoat that matched his pants sits strewn across the glass desk.

If you didn’t know better you would have sworn he was getting ready for a day at the office. Finishing the shirt he glances up and sees you watching him, a hesitant grin on his face he asks, “Sleep well?”
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Sun May 31, 2009 1:05 am

Pojahk sits up and looks around for his notes, hopping up from the bed with a grunt of and snatching them off the floor where they had landed when he finally passed out, grumbling to himself about not being finished, "Well, my body seems to have, but my mind cannot rest with this new series of events in play...."

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:57 am

"Understandable," he says sympathetically.

Picking up the overcoat he quickly pulls it on and runs his hand through his long ragged black hair. It’s at that moment you notice that his hair is quite oily and you can’t help but wonder how long it’s been since he’s washed his it.

“You’ll need to get up now Pojahk. We need to be at the Bailey Port within the hour. I had originally intended to 'borrow' some clothes for you but your current attire should do fine.”

“Instead,” he continues rifling through his pockets to draw forth your iAll. Brandishing it in front of you he activates the electronic 3D display and cycles to the radio.

"I've added a special modification to your iAll. It will allow you to pick up on radio signals would normally be incapable of accessing. Now it isn't going to pick up UEF frequencies but I bet you anything it will go as far as the planetary police force."

He smiles again, "Admittedly, this means any free reparations contracts are now null, but you did steal it in the first place so I don't think it really matters."
CromTheConqueror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entaris on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:10 pm

Pojahk slipped his coat on and snapped the collar, the wave of the material lighting up as the corresponding circuitry came alive and cleansed his outfit and his skin of the grime of yesterday. He then stepped into his boots, which looked as though they were cut in half with the front lying on the ground in front of the boot and the back laying behind, and snapped his heels into them, activating them to rise and fasten around his legs snugly with a pleasing array of mechanical sounds. He smiled and turned back to the man, taking his iAll, "Well, I WAS planning on altering it anyway....thanks..." He said half-heartedly, feeling as though his iAll had been violated by a strange Tinkerer.

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

s159 :: RPs :: Mini-RP :: Role-playing

Permissions in this forum: