Evolution the Game

s159 :: RPs :: Evolution

Go down

Evolution the Game

Post by Tuv on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:10 am

Entaris's Entari:

Spoiler:
Entari, The/Entaric(adj)

Occupied Squares: U-10

Temperature: Temperate

Means of Respiration: Permeable Skin, Aquatic
Evolutions/Adaptations:

Spoiler:
Water Spout (Fully Evolved) (Locomotion)

  • Jet-Powered Swimming (Fully Evolved) (Locomotion)

Tentacles (Fully Evolved) (Grasping)

  • Tentacle Aided Swimming (Rank 20 {20}) (Locomotion)

Vibration Receptors (Fully Evolved) (Sensory)

  • Tremor-Sense (Fully Evolved) (Sensory)
  • Hyper-Critical Sensory Analysis (Rank 20 {20}) (Sensory)

Saw-Toothed Mouth (Fully Evolved) (Sustenance)

Electrical Glands (Fully Evolved) (Communication)

  • Electro-Resonance (Fully Evolved) (Communication)
  • Hunter's Organ (Rank 20 {20}) (Combat)

Harpoon Tentacles (Rank 30 {60}) (Combat)

Rapid Regeneration (Rank 20 {30}) (Longevity)

Civilization Advancements/Modifications:

Spoiler:
Simple Tactics (Rank 5 {5}) (Combat)

EP: 22 CP:0
===========================================================================
Kamica's Jirai:

Spoiler:
Jirai/Jiraiï/Jiraian

Occupied Squares: J-7

Temperature: Scorching

Means of Respiration: Mouth, Terran
Evolutions/Adaptations:

Spoiler:
Arms [2] (Fully Evolved) (Locomotion) (Grasping)

  • Climbing (Fully Evolved) (Locomotion)
  • Strong Arms (Rank 48 {48}) (Locomotion) (Combat)
  • Specialized Code (Fully Evolved) (Communication)

Spikes (Rank 15 {20}) (Locomotion) (Combat)

Tail (Rank 10 {10}) (Locomotion)

Flotation Bags (Rank 10 {10}) (Locomotion)

Mouth (Fully Evolved) (Grasping) (Sustenance)

  • Specialized Teeth (Rank 20 {20}) (Sustenance)
  • Sticky Tongue (Rank 20 {20}) (Sustenance)

Omnivorous (Rank 24 {42}) (Sustenance)

Vibration-Sensitive Hairs (Fully Evolved) (Sensory)

  • Tremor-Sense (Fully Evolved) (Sensory)
Civilization Advancements/Modifications:

Spoiler:
Specialized Survival {J-7} (Rank 15 {20})

EP: 8 CP:0
===========================================================================
Automaton Hero's Tremase:

Spoiler:
Species Name: TreMase, The

Occupied Squares: U-4

Temperature: Cold

Means of Respiration: Leafy Respiration, Terran
Evolutions/Adaptations:

Spoiler:
Roots (Fully Evolved) (Locomotion) (Sustenance)

  • Crawling (Fully Evolved) (Locomotion)
  • Osmosis (Fully Evolved) (Sustenance)

Branches (Fully Evolved) (Grasping)

  • Shaking Branches (Fully Evolved) (Communication)

Fine Branches (Fully Evolved) (Sensory)

  • Tremor-Sense (Fully Evolved) (Sensory)

Dense Wood (Rank 30 {60}) (Combat)

Windblown Seeds (Rank 37 {88}) (Reproduction)
Civilization Advancements/Modifications:

Spoiler:

EP:40 CP:0
===========================================================================
Graywatch's Couerl:

Spoiler:
Species Name:Couerl

Occupied Squares: F-9

Temperature: Hot

Means of Respiration: Mouth, Terran
Evolutions/Adaptations:

Spoiler:
Legs [4] (Fully Evolved) (Locomotion)

  • Walking (Fully Evolved) (Locomotion)

Prehensile Tail (Fully Evolved) (Grasping)

Nose (Fully Evolved) (Sensory)

  • Sensitive Scent (Fully Evolved) (Sensory)
  • Pheromones (Fully Evolved) (Communication)

Mouth (Fully Evolved) (Sustenance)

Increased Breeding (Rank 20 {90} +3 Penalty) (Reproduction)

Omnivorous (Rank 30 {60}) (Sustenance)
Civilization Advancements/Modifications:

Spoiler:

EP: 40 CP:0
===========================================================================
TanK_OwneR's Taunke:

Spoiler:
Species Name: Taunke

Occupied Squares: A-2

Temperature: Temperate

Means of Respiration: Mouth, Terran
Evolutions/Adaptations:

Spoiler:
Legs [4] (Fully Evolved) (Locomotion)
Walking (Fully Evolved) (Locomotion)

Tail (Fully Evolved) (Grasping)
Claw (Fully Evolved) (Grasping) (Combat)

Ears (Fully Evolved) (Sensory)
Hearing (Fully Evolved) (Sensory)

Mouth (Fully Evolved) (Sustenance)

Voice-Box (Fully Evolved) (Communication)
Low-Pitched Tones (Fully Evolved) (Communication)

Improved Breeding (Rank 20 {30}) (Reproduction)

Fire Resistance (Rank 20 {30}) (Combat)

Chemical Glands (Rank 30 {60}) (Combat)

Chemical Sprayers (Rank 20 {30}) (Combat)
Civilization Advancements/Modifications:

Spoiler:
Social Schism {Cannibalism} (Rank 25 {45})

EP:22 CP:0
===========================================================================


Last edited by Tuv on Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:56 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Tuv
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by Tuv on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:13 am

Turn 1

Map:
Here

Entaris:
Spoiler:
Everything bursts into being, there is a lot of static, but you can
make out 4 others of your kind, and they can "see" you. You communicate
on a different level though, a more visceral electrical level. One of
your pod-mates suddenly lets out a distressed current, a predator is
attacking!

What do you do?

Kamica:
Spoiler:
You and one other of your species are surveying the area for sources of
small insects, with the other three scouting a different area far away.
Suddenly on the wind you hear the knocking of a code that means simply
"distress".

What do you do?

Automaton Hero:
Spoiler:
You and your brothers lie in a grove in a forest. Winter is coming, and
the first flake of snow has graced your treetops. Winter comes suddenly
in this area, with little warning, and your leaves have yet to shed.
You know that if you uproot and begin moving now, you can outrun the
freezing temperatures long enough for your leaves to shed, saving
nutrition during the winter. You also know that you would essentially
be moving blind after a certain point, and could very well lose track
of some of the others.

Do you stay or do you try and bide time for your leaves to fall?

GrayWatch:
Spoiler:
You and your fellows have been searching the countryside for a viable
food source, to help stave off the effects of your quick breeding. It
is more instinctual than anything else, and your searches have turned
up two distinctly different smelling fruits. One is hardly nutritious
and smells bitter, but seems plentiful, the other is sweet smelling and
very nutritious tasting, but eating it seems to cloud your mind for an
hour or so.

Do you pick the bitter fruit, The sweet fruit, or search for some other food source?

TanK_OwneR:
Spoiler:
During the night, a tree limb fell, and injured one of the five in your
group. The injured one has trouble walking, and won't be able to help
gathering food or protecting from predators. All the others in your
group will have to work extra to feed and protect the injured one until
he heals.

What do you do?

Posting has begun, each person has been given something to do or deal with. Questions should be asked in chat or in the other topic. You can either read the spoilered turns of the other players or not, not reading them leads to more immersion.

Everyone have fun.


Last edited by Tuv on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Tuv
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by Entaris on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:03 am

The creature sends out a general order, "Surround it!", Commanding the others to group around the attacking predator, "Aim!" The creatures all spread their tentacles towards the predator, Harpoon Tentacles bared menacingly in various numbers, "Attack!" All the creatures plunge their Harpoons into the attacker simultaneously at varios points, trying to aim for the headish area, "Shock!" All saved energy is discharged into the predator, "Release!" The Harpoons are pulled out and readied for another volley.

_________________
Non Sibi Sed Patriae

Not for self, for country

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by Automaton Hero on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 am

At the feeling of the first snow upon their leafy tops, the Tremase begin to communicate. With subtle movement of their branches and scraping against their trunks, they discuss quickly what they should. As a group decision, they quickly unearth their roots and rise up from their stationary positions. Slowly but surely, they begin to drag themselves to the north, where the weather should be warmer.
avatar
Automaton Hero
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by Kamica on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:07 pm

I message to the other one that we both should go, and I begin jumping from tree to tree, and if there aren't any thick enough trees closeby enough, I crawl across the ground towards the direction of the distress call.
avatar
Kamica
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/lands-of-kumai

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by GrayWatch on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:55 pm

Why choose? Regard BOTH as food source and keep an eye out for other foods.
avatar
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by TanK_OwneR on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:49 pm

The others don't want to deal with the injured one, so they kill it off and eat it.
avatar
TanK_OwneR
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by Tuv on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:29 pm

Entaris:

Spoiler:
Roll: 68

The creature thrashes, damaging some tentacles, but otherwise leaving your pod relatively unharmed. The beast wasn't killed, it seemed like it was merely startled and scared off by the sudden aggressiveness of it's prey.

12 EP Awarded

Automaton Hero:

Spoiler:
Roll: 01

You uproot and travel to the north, to try and outrun the weather. You miss-judge how long you can travel for, and your leaves have fallen before you can re-root. You are low on nutrition from traveling so far, and you are too close to hibernation to re-build your stores.

28 EP Awarded

Kamica:

Spoiler:
Roll: 19

By the time you find the others, you have come upon a small grove. Only two of them were dragged off and eaten, the third is just slightly maimed. You think whatever did this could be back at any moment...

20 EP Awarded

GrayWatch:

Spoiler:
Roll: 15

The Bitter smelling fruits seems to induce vomiting and retching a few minutes after consumption, rendering them inedible. The Sweet smelling fruits, seem to be nutritious, but cause temporary disorientation, and are apparently very addictive. Your addiction to eating only these sweet fruits prevents you from seeking out other sources.

22 EP Awarded

TanK_OwneR:

Spoiler:
Roll: 63

You kill and eat the injured group member. You get an ominous feeling, but nothing obvious happens.

12 EP Awarded
avatar
Tuv
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by Tuv on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Turn 2

Map:
Here

Entaris:
Spoiler:
Your species now numbers nearly 100 strong. Food is hardly scarce, but easy food is hard to come by. Some among your numbers suggest that group hunting for larger creatures, ones that would normally be predators, should occur. Others suggest that merely increasing the volume of smaller creatures will be enough to sustain growth.

What do you do?

Automaton Hero:
Spoiler:
Not even two dozen of your species are still alive, times have been hard. Some whisper of moving again, whilst others cite the "success" of that action the last time, and suggest that remaining still would be the best course of action.

What do you do?

Kamica:
Spoiler:
About three dozen have survived the predatory beasts of this harsh land, many question if survival is even possible. There are some smaller animals in this area, that seem to be doing better than you are. Perhaps examining them could lead to clues to aid your survival? Or maybe you should just eat them, and aid your survival yourself.

What do you do?

GrayWatch:
Spoiler:
Some two score Couerl survive to this day, food is plentiful, and you find yourselves more and more dependent on the nutrition and pleasing effects of the sweet fruit with every passing day. None amongst your ranks seems to have any problem continuing to live this way.

What do you do?

TanK_OwneR:
Spoiler:
Your species is doing quite well, with 80 or so individuals. There is much fear spread amongst your ranks however, none wants to be the next to be cannibalized.

What do you do?
avatar
Tuv
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by Entaris on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:35 pm

I agree with the group-hunter suggestion, but add that a bait-and-attack approach would be the best use of our numbers by having a few look weak and alone, then once they are attacked, the rest swarm out and take down the would be predator.

_________________
Non Sibi Sed Patriae

Not for self, for country

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by Automaton Hero on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:36 pm

After suffering heavy loses, the Tremase discuss what they should do next. After discussion, they huddle close together, but far enough so that their roots do not mingle. They then force their rots into the soil and hunker down, hoping to receive enough strength from the soil to survive.

((Upgrading "Windblown Seeds" to Rank 40; 12EP spent.))


Last edited by Automaton Hero on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Automaton Hero
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by Kamica on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:32 am

We study the creature closest related to us that isn't being eaten, and use the rest as food, though everybody is free to study the other creatures if they're not hungry.

(20 EP into Strong Arms)
avatar
Kamica
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/lands-of-kumai

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by TanK_OwneR on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:00 pm

A small group rallies together and tries to soothe the panic among the others.
avatar
TanK_OwneR
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by Tuv on Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:50 am

Entaris:

Spoiler:
Roll: 19

Your idea of bait-and-switch is tried, all seems to be going as planned when, suddenly dozens of the predators descend upon you. They used your own trap against you! Many lives in the hunting group are lost, and those around you look upon you with suspicion.

10 EP Awarded

New Civilization Advancement Awarded.
Rank 5 Simple Tactics.

Automaton Hero:

Spoiler:

Roll: 58

Grouping together seems to have done the trick in stopping your rapidly failing species. That said, you haven't truly begun recovering yet.

10 EP Awarded

Kamica:

Spoiler:

Roll: 76

You look at some of the other species, and find one that uses a system for survival that can be adapted to hunting and survival for your own species, they also seem to be easy enough for you to catch and eat, that you have gained a new source of easy food.
8 EP Awarded

New Civilization Advancement Awarded.
Rank 15 Specialized Survival J-7

TanK_OwneR:

Spoiler:
Roll: 27

The small group's attempts to calm the masses has sparked a horrifying social backlash. Groups that attest to enjoying the cannibalism, and the groups fearing it, band together at become at ends with one another.

10EP Awarded

New Civilization Advancement Awarded.
Rank 25 Social Schism: Cannibalism

GrayWatch

Spoiler:
Roll: 36

Individuals begin hoarding large amounts of the addictive fruit. Many speculate that the fruit plants will not hold up to such extensive gathering, but can't be buggered to do anything about it. The act of consuming fruit has become known as "Fruiting", and the lethargy that follows the consumption has become known as being "Pulped". As your species cumulatively becomes lazy and apathetic, a new species moves in, using your easily caught species as an easy food source.

18 EP Awarded
avatar
Tuv
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by Tuv on Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:50 am

Turn 3

Map:
Here

Entaris:
Spoiler:
Nearly 4,000 of your species fill the waters, but you can't shake the feeling that those around you are doing better. Strong currents buffet your species, and make swimming and living difficult.

Automaton Hero:
Spoiler:
2,500 trees, the hardships of the past seem beyond you now, it feels like your destiny is your own now.

Kamica:
Spoiler:
Your freaky monkey people number atleast 8,000 and times are good. The weather has been getting warmer recently, and the sun is becoming unbearably warm.

TanK_OwneR:
Spoiler:
Only number 3,000 has left your members with a foul taste in their mouths. 1,500 Enjoy the idea of Cannibalism, and 1,500 detest it. The two groups won't work together on a single task, and the entire tribe seems to be on the edge of a civil war.

GrayWatch:
Spoiler:
There is not enough fruit to keep 6,000 supplied, and many realize this, but are far too pulped to do anything about it. The winds howl as your species sits, lethargic, and unable to do anything about it.
avatar
Tuv
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by Kamica on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:32 pm

The Jirai in responce to the hotter temperatures, tend to move through the thicker parts of the forests in order to get more shadow, and also tend to stay close to water, so that when they get too hot, they can easily cool down.

(2 points in strong arms)
(6 points in the abillity to decrease body temperature through moisture leaving the body)
avatar
Kamica
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/lands-of-kumai

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by TanK_OwneR on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:41 pm

Let tensions between the 2 sides build up enough to burst into war.

(15 points in Improved Breeding (Rank 20 {30}) -> (Rank 25 {45})
avatar
TanK_OwneR
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution the Game

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

s159 :: RPs :: Evolution

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum