s159
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Mini-RP

5 posters

Go down

Would You Be Interested?

New Mini-RP Vote_lcap20%New Mini-RP Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
New Mini-RP Vote_lcap0%New Mini-RP Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
New Mini-RP Vote_lcap80%New Mini-RP Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 5

New Mini-RP Empty New Mini-RP

Post by CromTheConqueror Tue May 12, 2009 7:50 pm

Basically I want to try and see if I can port the Knights of the Old Republic /Mass Effect style RPG to text. Having been successful in this regard years ago when I ran an "imaginary game" with my little brother and his friends years ago I figured I'd give it a shot here and see if it would work on a forum. Basically, everyone will follow a none-linear storyline that I have constructed, and make choices and decisions throughout the course of the tale and truly make it their own. Unlike other RP's there is no set in stone ending.

For example. When I say the way the story plays out I really mean it is your choice. When you're offered by some great evil warlord to join him in his quest for dominance of the galaxy you can take him up on the offer. There will be an ending but you are not pulled into a "good or evil" ending that is pretty much an exact replica of the other beyond a few minor touches.

I have yet to decide if this should be scripted or not. I ran this with the little tyke completely unscripted but I'm open to doing a scripted RP. (This means that if you get to a hall and you can go left or right I'll say at the end of the post. Do you want to go: A) Left, B) Right. Or if you were in a conversation someone might give you an offer on an item and I'd go Reply: A) Sure. That will do. B) Don't screw with me. I want a real price, C) There's no way I could pay that small a price! Take an extra two hundred creds! D) Give it to me for free before I blow your brains open with this power fist, E) I don't want anything you have to sell. F) That's too high for my pricerange. However if we negotiate a little I'm sure we could come to an arrangement.

Combat will be completely unscripted and you can make as detailed posts as you wish. You will however be victim to what you actually have. For example, if you crop a grenade, you need to say what sort of grenade you used and you need to actually have said grenade in your inventory.

This will be based in a sci-fi setting. I wrote this little intro this evening. All RP's will start out like this.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by CromTheConqueror on Wed May 13, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 6 times in total
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

New Mini-RP Empty Re: New Mini-RP

Post by Arafor Wed May 13, 2009 5:04 am

Im interested in this but I just need to finish reading the spoilers.
Arafor
Arafor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamica Wed May 13, 2009 5:38 am

Spoilers are looong O.o and since when do the RP's here have endings? XD. Or did you mean as in standart RPG's?
Kamica
Kamica

http://www.freewebs.com/lands-of-kumai

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Wed May 13, 2009 11:41 am

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The amount of items you can carry is based off the weight of said items and your endurance.

Power:

Your use of the Power is removed from the rest of your attributes and skills. You will learn more about the Power through the game.

Last edited by CromTheConqueror on Sun May 17, 2009 3:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Wed May 13, 2009 4:31 pm

Added a poll.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuv Sat May 16, 2009 2:06 am

Name: Dorian Lelouch

Physical Appearance: An awe-inspiringly handsome man, with golden blonde hair, and piercing blue eyes, Dorian is the pinnacle of masculine beauty. Everyone seems to want to believe him, and follow him, which suits him just fine. Behind the beauty, and Bishie sparkles, Dorian is surprisingly inept. His generaly ineptitude would be a severe problem, but luckily, he usually can convince someone else to do things for him, or just get out of it altogether. When all else fails, a touch of luck give that extra push he needs.

Traits:

Handsome: +1 Charisma
Half-Leprechaun: +1 Luck
Natural Tone: +10 speech

Dislikes Boom: -10 Heavy Weapon
Difficult Brain: -10 Cybernetics

Items: Default civilian clothes, house key, 100 creds, plastic watch, and an iAll.

Skills:
+10 Speech
+10 Barter
+10 Leadership

Attributes:
+6 Charisma
+1 Luck
Tuv
Tuv

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomcowgod Sat May 16, 2009 10:11 am

Does he have the Bishie sparkles in his inventory, or are they just sensory illusions?

Doomcowgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuv Sat May 16, 2009 7:01 pm

It is a sensory illusion, brought on by overload in the viewer's brain. Any person who sees any kind of beauty in him, gets hit with an overload of attraction. The sparkles are Neurons dying.
Tuv
Tuv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum