The Control Room(RP Thread)

Go down

The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by GrayWatch on Tue May 19, 2009 10:28 pm

Jan Haegens-
'...and that concludes our tour." says the smiling woman dressed in blue. As you and the group of tourists mill about in the factory, you just toured you vaguely wondered why you came for the tour, when the military has you stationed dealing with crap like this all day long not too far outside town. It's your day off now, and the tours over. It's moderately late in the evening.

Remjak Arnoca-
The sky cracks and the world turns a brilliant almost painful white for a split second, and thunder rumbles. The grey sky overhead continues to pour down steady sheets of rain, as it has been all day, and most of last night. Behind you the Mad Hatchet bobs in the waves, as your boots crunch down on the loose stones. A deserted island, perhaps a mile across, maybe a little more lies in front of you. Well...no not quite deserted. You can see some old ruins farther in, what looks like the base of a fallen tower, perhaps a lighthouse once. It was a pain getting to the island itself though, only four locations across the island allow for safe disembarking and of those only the largest was deep enough to allow to a boat with the draft of the Hatchet. Even then it's unprotected and faces the open sea. If a real wild storm kicks up a boat may well be smashed against the rocks.

Gregory White-
You wait, and the boat rocks. It's hours past the time you agreed upon to meet your agent, but your agent claimed to have information that could well tip the balance of power throughout the world. The fishing vessel you comandeered may well have trouble getting back to the Isles, or even to the Isle controlled mainland if you wait much longer, the captain is an old man, who oddly, didn't seemed surprised at all when you ordered him to stop in the middle of the channel.
Chewing on your lip slightly you begin to ponder...
Stay and risk a crash in the dark, in some of the contested waters of the Isles or forsake the information and head to port...and if so, which port?
avatar
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Entaris on Tue May 19, 2009 11:24 pm

Remjak inhales deeply, a broad smile on his bronzed face, "Ahh...the beginnings of my Dream..." He commented to the air and turned to look at his team of builders and engineers, clapping his hands together eagerly, "C'mon, boys! Let's build us a city!" He walked up to the large table he had had brought from the ship, various bits of plans and designs fastened to it by a myriad of means. He slapped his hand down on it, "Ok, first thing, I think, should be securing this area here as a harbor for our larger ships, maybe some walls to act as windbreaks, feel free to use your imaginations with this, men, as we'll all be living here." He stated jubilantly, " Now...while that's going on, I need a team to walk the island and map it out precisely so the other Planning and Design teams can get a bearing on what they have to work with. Make sure you scout out any nearby islands we can expand to or outpost on in the future, even if it's just a mountain coming out of the ocean, got it?" He cocked an eyebrow at his crew before finishing, "Build any processing facilities you need BEFORE you start divvying up the materials...we don't want another half-built ship trying to slip out of drydock..." He chuckled and clapped his second in command and cheif engineer on the shoulder, "I'm sure you both can handle this while the rest of the boys and I handle our next contract, aye?....any questions?"

_________________
Non Sibi Sed Patriae

Not for self, for country

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Kamica on Thu May 21, 2009 6:58 am

"Damn, I guess I've had a blackout... what was I doing here again?" Jan thought, he walked up to the tour guide and asked "Sorry, but what did this factory produce again? I can be somewhat forgetfull at times" he asked.
avatar
Kamica
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/lands-of-kumai

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by GrayWatch on Thu May 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Jans-
The woman looks at you blankly with a big toothy smile plastered onto her face, just a little too stiffly to be real.
"Why sir, you were taking our informative and delightful tour of the Brisbane Industries manufactury, where all manner of wonderful items are created, including but not limited to gears, linens and textiles, worked metal both decorative and components, and specializes in creating finely tooled engines of all sizes." she sounds like she's reading from a script, in a deliberately bubbly and unrealistic voice, before a flash of actual thought passes behind her eyes for a moment before she continues "And you were just about to proceed with the traditional tipping of your tour guide."

Her stiff smile gleams with white teeth and grows ever so slightly.

Remjak-
After a few moments of hurried whispering, which grew to loud whispering as a brief arguement broke out, followed by a short duel using pencils the two come to an agreement.

Ernst Wulfenbach, the mate looks up and says "Well cap'n the isle's definately got potential, there's definately a lot we can do but no guarantee we can undo certain changes.
Biggest question is how open you want the place. Close it up tight, weeell that don't look to good, looks like we's trying hide something, or mebbe act like pirates. We'd not get many people coming over 'cept the wrong sort, and a naval base or two might get nosy in a hurry. Open it up too much, we'd attract all sorts, lot could be useful but a good push could probably break us wide open.
Where's the line cap'n?

Next question is how you wanna set up the ports. We'll have to make a port out of this location regardless, but we can trench out some of the others to make other harbors there. It'll let more traffic in, or you could leave em shallow, so only small craft can get in or out that way.

As for the island itself we can build with what we already got here and work with it, or we can spend a while and see about shaping the ground to set us up a bit better.

Then there's the question of supplies. There's some arable ground here, enough for some cattle, definately a few crops and the like. We could make a farm or two and we'd probably be able to be fairly self-sufficient, but we'd lose space for other buildings on the island.
If we don't do that we'd have to either import all our food or rely on trade...

Finally cap'n that tower in the middle already got foundations laid, an I think mebbe we could do something with it, but if we try it it'll slow down everything else."

Seemingly exhausted by this speech the man jsut picks up a checkboard from the table and looks at you plainly.
avatar
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Entaris on Thu May 21, 2009 6:03 pm

Remjak rests his jaw in his hand for a moment in deep thought before replying, "Well, Let's fix this up so we only get types we NEED, adventurous lads looking to join the Crew, Merchants looking for a port to trade in and the types that may have objects of a...borrowed nature..." He said with a wicked grin, "So, let's set ourselves up to look like a good start for business ventures and inventors as well as drawing in new crewmen and mercs to join the ranks, but ONLY the ones with the balls and brains to help the Force" A devious look crossed his face, "Of course, those who know how to ask shall always be able to find a dark corner out of sight to ply less scrupulous trades..." He rubbed his hands together maniacally before continuing.

"Now, as for ports, we should make this one and another nearest here deep enoguh for portage. If we made them ALL ports, then we'd be easily surrounded by larger vessels and a seige is never advisable." He slammed his fist into the table to accentuate the point, then continued again.
"Now, as much of the island as we can, let's work WITH the land just like a ship and the sea...no need for wasted effort, aye? Now, I think we can build some greenhouses on those arable areas and maximize our sustainability whlie saving space at the same time using multi-level buildings and mirrors to provide equal light to all of them."
He cocked an eyebrow at the mention of the tower, "Oh? And what would you suggest we put in yon building?"

_________________
Non Sibi Sed Patriae

Not for self, for country

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by CromTheConqueror on Thu May 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Gregory rubbed his gloved hands together briskly as he attempted to fight off the chill of a particularly fierce north wind. Glancing across the dark murky waters he wished his contact would hurry and arrive. It wasn’t as if he had any intention of leaving. The spymaster turned away from the waters and took a moment to reexamine the captain. An old grizzled man by every right, he obviously appreciated who he was, even if he didn’t mention it aloud. Gregory was impressed by that subtlety and for the second time he wondered if the old fishing captain might have made a good spy.
avatar
CromTheConqueror
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Kamica on Fri May 22, 2009 4:52 am

"Oh... sorry but all the money I have, is needed for other purposes, thanks anyway" he said while walking to the exit, that's when he remembered why he went there, one of the mechanics adviced him to go to another factory once, and see how they do stuff, well, this probably wasn't what that mechanic meant, as this wasn't helpfull at all, Jan had to get in while there were actually people working in the place, and without the all-is-perfect guide, Jan noticed a agenda lying on the ground, he looked through it, and noticed it was from a worker, tomorrow he'd have to work again, 'that's also the time when there are no tours' he thought, as he went to the exit, where he gave the agenda to someone who worked there, and said "I found this, would you be so nice to return this to the owner?"
avatar
Kamica
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/lands-of-kumai

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by GrayWatch on Sat May 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Jans-
The bored giftshop worker (after several attempts you found it impossible to leave without going through the gift shop) grunts and accepts the agenda and waits until he thinks your not looking to trash it.
As you step outside into the busy streets of Brisbane you are quite thoroughly drenched. It seems the clouds which had been threatening when you went in had begun to open up in earnest during the tour.

Gregory-
You wait hours more, and twilight sets in. The ride home may well be risky and the storm clouds which have been gathering on the northern horizon promise quite firmly that you are going to be leaving this location soon. Though whether it be to a port or to the bottom of the channel is likely your decision.
Just as you estimate you have reached the point of no return, and that the storm will catch you even if you leave now there's a sharp bump from the hull of the boat. Looking down you can just see some flotsam when something catches your eye. Mixed in the flotsam tattered torn and so filthied that he is all but indistinguishable lies your contact. Or at least...most of him. He is clearly dead and appears to have been gutted, just from first appearances, tangled among flotsam as he is.

Remjak-
As you state your orders Ernst is quickly jotting them down while behind him your chief engineer (a grizzled old man who goes by "Gil", doesn't talk much, possibly because of all the scarring on his throat. Good man, showed up with Ernst. Always drawing on things.) quickly starts sketching on a sketchpad, hunching over it to keep off the insistent rain(though most of the bad stuff seems to have gone east and south of you.).

After a few moments jotting down your orders Ernst looks up and replies "All do-able sir, though we might want to see about bringing in an expert on plants for what will and will not grow in a greenhouse. Most of the lads just 'bout know that the green end points up. As for that to-" At this point Gil taps him on the shoulder and hands him the sketch he had been working on. As Ernst's eyes skim over it he asks in an absent minded voice "erm, and those shallow points cap'n? You want we should make 'em no good for shallow bottomers or leave 'em as they are? Wait. Really?" he exclaims whipping his head around to Gil who smirks and nods.

"I was jus' gonna see about a lighthouse there, but Gil...well he seems to have some ideas. I think it might be best as a surprise. You'll enjoy this cap'n." he grins widely.


Last edited by GrayWatch on Sat May 23, 2009 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Kamica on Sat May 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Jan looked up at the rainy clouds and said to himself "Ah, water, such versatile substance" He kept looking up for a while, until he noticed some people were looking at him, then he just went to a place to spend the night.
avatar
Kamica
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/lands-of-kumai

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Entaris on Sat May 23, 2009 8:33 pm

Remjak grins broadly back at Ernst and Gil, "I LOVE surprises! Anyhow, what would we do with a bay that isn't fit for anything? if you have ideas, go right ahead and do it to one, but keep the other free so we have space for spillover from the main two ports..."

_________________
Non Sibi Sed Patriae

Not for self, for country

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by GrayWatch on Tue May 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Jans-
As you have a room at the barracks outside town you return there to spend the night.

-Remjak
"Aye cap'n we'll get it underway then. Jes' leave some o' the boys here an we'll take ol' Claudia to keep the supplies comin. We'll be needin wood at first, and we can move on to stone later..." Ernst starts mumbling to himself as he turns back to Gil, the two of them sketching out a rough map of what will need to go where.
avatar
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Entaris on Tue May 26, 2009 7:55 pm

Seeing that all is in order, Remjak nods and makes the neccessary assignments of ships and crew, then heads off to find out if they had any contracts fulfillable nearby.

_________________
Non Sibi Sed Patriae

Not for self, for country

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by CromTheConqueror on Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 pm

Gregory immediately tips over the edge and drags the tattered body out of the water and unto the boat.
avatar
CromTheConqueror
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by GrayWatch on Thu May 28, 2009 6:57 pm

Gregory-
With a little effort you manage to draw your contact out of the water,
covered in sea-scum, and still holding a case tightly wrapped in
oilcloth in one hand. The captain sees you and barely blinks, then
looks at you, then the storm clouds, then at you again.

Remjak-
After a while you find Richard, a young man with a cheeky twinkle in his eye and a shock of blond hair, always smiling and dressed as if he was strolling the streets of Gaul* itself instead of making dirty jokes in the hold of the Hatchett, where he had no business being, as he is normally the quartermaster of the Laughing Jack.
Aside from the quartermaster of one of your battle-ready ships the lad seems to have a talent, or possibly a habit of acquiring all sorts of things. Extra rations, misplaced shipments, rumors and curious discounts on docking fees, and all manner of papers that he shouldn't be able to get in such short time frames... One would almost think he dabbled in a little in the less moral activities society could offer, if he didn't make it so profitable not too.

"Ah yes captain my captain?" he says with a lazy grin as you explain your interests "Oh my oh my, the captain descending to base rumour mongering, what will the fine gentlemen of the Hatchett think? Well it just so happens I might know a few things." he said, tapping the side of his nose "All heard through perfectly respectable channels, of course. Let me see now. I believe an older gentlemen in southern Andal may be interested in engaging in a bit of trade with some fine fellows in the southern Isles, but is a bit off-put by all those rules-of-war and awfully rude tariff men. Some gentlemen who most emphatically do NOT represent the government of the Empire seem to be willing to pay anyone to harass the ships of the UWI...The Andal High Command would probably just be thrilled to get some of their soldiers back, but would probably expect some sort of long-term alliegance..." he sighed melodramatically, and you recall that you first picked up Richard when you found him in a barrel apparently hiding from a group of Andal soldiers. "Now then what else..? The Broken Throne always has work for ships, and there are assorted gentlemen who could probably think up a use for our lot if I asked them about it...."

*Capital city of Gaul
avatar
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Entaris on Thu May 28, 2009 7:30 pm

Remjak scratched his chin in thought, "Hmmm....well...you DO still have those...eh...confiscated Arcadian and Gaul uniforms from that dressy little panty raid we did a few years back, aye?" He inquired, a devious twinkle in his eye. "Because if we DO...then we could have ourselve a bit o' fun with the UWI, the maybe hop on over to visit the Andals and see if they have any more well-trained-but-poorly-motivated men they'd like to donate...."

_________________
Non Sibi Sed Patriae

Not for self, for country

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Kamica on Fri May 29, 2009 2:00 am

Jan sets his clock to wake him up the next morning and goes into his bed.
avatar
Kamica
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/lands-of-kumai

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by CromTheConqueror on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Gregory's thoughts whirled furiously as he attempted to process this new turn of events.

"How could this have happened?" he wondered to himself, "His spy had been secure! His identity had been intact. How could he have been killed? Coincidence perhaps? A lone pirate killing? No..."

Gregory’s hands felt across the wounds on the man’s body. Perhaps, perhaps, his injuries would provide a clue to his killer?
avatar
CromTheConqueror
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by GrayWatch on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:45 am

Jans-The alarm clock rings and awakens you, shortly before the blowing of a bugle awakens the rest of the soldiers and mechanics. You laze around the barracks while they run around like chickens with their heads cut off. It's good to be important.

Remjak-Richard lifts his eyebrows and looks at you a little quizzically, not following the connection. "Aye, just about enough between 'em to cover the crew..."

Gregory-
The man has a death grip on that case, and he's covered in puncture wounds, with a tremendous ragged, gaping wound running crookedly along his abdomen. Almost literally been gutted. If you had to guess the rotten bandages about his stomach suggest the gutting came first, and was hastily patched up, then the man was shot repeatedly from behind, presumably at a distance as most punctures were placed haphazardly, largely avoiding vital areas. Wounded running and shot it seems.

The captain seeing you aren't going to answer decideds to take matters into his own hands. While you were searching the body the boat began moving. To the east.
avatar
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Kamica on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:50 am

Jan put on his work clothes, even though he still had some days off, grabbed anything he might need, including identification papers and some tools which he could carry in his clothes, he then went outside and back to the factory, it should be running at that moment without any tours going around, in other words, normal work, he went to the entrance the workers used and tried to get in.
avatar
Kamica
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/lands-of-kumai

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Entaris on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:10 pm

A wide grin creased Remjak's face, a telltale sign of entertainment to come. He tapped his fingertips together lightly, "Excellent...then let us head off to visit the UWI, when we get there, set the Colors for half the ships for Arcadia and set the others for Gaul, dress the crew appropriately...we're staging a battle..." He stated with a mischeivous sneer.

_________________
Non Sibi Sed Patriae

Not for self, for country

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by GrayWatch on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Jans-
You move quickly and authoritatively past the bored guards who seem to not really care much. You enter into an unmarked hallway and follow the path your tour took you on until you encounter a locked door, made of sturdy oak.

Remjak-
Richard grinned at the thought and nodded, scampering off to arrange just that. In short order you hear shouting from outside as orders are given to bring out flags and ready uniforms. Several orders of wooden balls are mentioned, along with iron and hammers.

When you emerge from the hold most men are making ready to shove off, but the Claudia is still wallowing in little bay.
avatar
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Kamica on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 am

Jan waited until a worker came by, he then said to the worker "Oh thank god, I have forgotten my key, I'm new here you see."
avatar
Kamica
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/lands-of-kumai

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Entaris on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:46 pm

Remjak nodded back and proceeded to board the Hatchet, "To stations, men, we set course for UWI seas!" He called out to the crew, setting his machete against the rail and grabbing hold of the wheel.

_________________
Non Sibi Sed Patriae

Not for self, for country

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by CromTheConqueror on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:51 pm

"What the hell are you doing?" demands Gregory, "East is toward Gaul!"
avatar
CromTheConqueror
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by GrayWatch on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:39 pm

The worker glares at you suspiciously for a moment before nodding shortly and unlocking the door with an iron key.

The crew cheers rowdily as the boats slowly begin to depart.
((Any particular course in mind?))

The Cap'n looks at you flatly for a minute before pointing towards the hold.
"Go. Sit. Can't make it to the isles. Running for the mainland"
Seemingly exhausted with this conversation the old man grimmly grips the till and looks forward again.
avatar
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Kamica on Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:49 am

"Thank you, I wouldn't know what would've happened to me if I was late on my first day." Jan said, and he went through the door, looked around for a bit, and then walked somewhere where he looked like he was doing something, while still being able to observe most things happening.
avatar
Kamica
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/lands-of-kumai

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Entaris on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Remjak laughed as he entered the Cabin and pointed at the map with the machete, "Alright, here's how we do this..." He leaned forward eagerly, "The 'opposing fleets' meet in the UWI's main port, here" He slapped the machete down, "And begin fighting, firing the wooden rounds at each other and live 'misses' into the city, moving slowly toward land as they 'receive damage'..." He looked around with a wicked grin, "Then, while the 'troops' begin fighting on UWI land, raiding and pillaging begins as the two 'sides' come to realize that everyone is in a panic. After we've had our fun and fill, we get back into our ships and leave in a rather allied-looking fashion, leaving the Port in shambles and posibly collecting a few new members..." He paused for a response.

_________________
Non Sibi Sed Patriae

Not for self, for country

Entaris
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Control Room(RP Thread)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum