Frisjahl Regnark-Keep Your Enemies Closest.

Go down

Frisjahl Regnark-Keep Your Enemies Closest.

Post by GrayWatch on Thu May 21, 2009 12:06 pm

In the Business district of Iron Falls in a ramshackle building lost somewhere in the maze of minor administrative buildings in a tiny office, cluttered with papers and reports, minor stamps and seals and all manner detrituss Frisjahl Regnark lounges back in a spindly wooden chair, which creaks alarmingly as he does so. Just as he always had, just as it always did.

An "administrative assistant to general facilitation" Frisjahl was basically an oddjob man lent out to whatever governmental department or individual seemed to need him the most at that precise minute.

At the moment it seemed it was the 3rd Subtribune to the Bureau of Minor Aquisitions. The report sitting on the desk in front of him details how how some un-named object was of, appropriately, minor importance to the League and therefore must be aquired and properly reported, filed and put to use(or merely locked away) immediately. The whole thing reads like one of those philisophical arguements about the nature of reality being a clam, but a job is a job.

The report lists a date a time and a location. Presumably where to meet the Subtribune. Or not. After reading the report it doesn't seem far fetched that whoever wrote it has a fondness for Qat. Lots and lots of Qat.
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frisjahl Regnark-Keep Your Enemies Closest.

Post by Orc on Sat May 23, 2009 1:06 pm

Frisjahl picked up the report as he began to read it. He said to himself softly as he read the report, "Oh this should be a joy." He skimmed through the long report on this unnamed object before putting it back down on his desk and putting his right hand over his face and rubbing it, to the effect that it seemed like distress. He sighed and thought, Somebody please remind me why I'm in this line of work. He then thought, Because this is the only way to get things done. He looked outside of his office and remarked in thought Oh I welcome the day I can accomplish real results towards a goal higher than the advancement of the League. He then looked at the report and thought Well, I guess the advancement of the League is the best means to an end for now. With a breath of reassurance and a flow of energy to the limbs, Frisjahl stood up and gathered together his gear, bow, and pack. He took the report with him and wrote down the place and time of the "appointment." As he was locking up his office for the day while he was out, he had one thought: I think it would be wise to bring some "refreshments" when I see this man.
Orc
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GrayWatch on Wed May 27, 2009 5:06 pm

The time is about 3 hours from now, and the location is one of the many many shacks behind the major government building. Basically one of the offices for the unimportant or the socially unwise.

Refreshments of many sorts can be bought at various merchants throughout the city.
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orc on Sat May 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Blast, where was that store again? I know they still sell
Qat,
thought Frisjahl as he looked around after exiting his office. Then he
proceeded to walk down the street to browse the stores and wares of the stores
that he passed. Occasionally he would stop in his walk and look into the
windows of the store to see if it was the store he remembered. After passing
more stores, he began to get irritated. He thought he knew this city like the
back of his hand, but he realized that he was thinking of his home village;
this city – this large city – baffled him. He was accustomed to twenty
buildings in total, not more than one story tall. He was accustomed to hunting
daily for food and not sitting in a musty office waiting for jobs. He was
accustomed to serving the village and not the state, but both are just the same
theme, just a different setting; not that he minds serving the state, it is
just that he is accustomed to serving
the village. There were many differences between his home village and this
city, which number too high to all be said here and now. But he continued his
search for a store he believed sold Qat, then soon found one, much to his joy.

He entered the store and requested of the merchant, “Good
sir, do you have any Qat for sale?”

Orc
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GrayWatch on Sat May 30, 2009 10:57 pm

The store-owner blinks at you, not used to people asking so forwardly. He more often found people coming to him minutes before he closed in concealing clothes and talking in whispers.
Qat is legal, but generally held as a secret or dirty hobby, certainly frowned upon in the middle of the day.

Nonetheless the man quietly ducks into a backroom and returns with several small, tight bundles of the stuff, which he sells to you for a few coins.
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orc on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:05 pm

Frisjahl gives the man the coins he requested for the bundles of Qat. After finalizing the deal, he put the bundles into his pack and left the store. This may or may not be useful, but it's better to have something and not need it than need something and not have it thought Frisjahl as he exited the store. If the time ever arrived where he would need to be persuasive and not just put one between the eyes, he would like to be as prepared for diplomacy as he is for conflict. He took another look at the directions and time. He then thought Now that I think of it, what time is it actually?

Orc
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GrayWatch on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:23 pm

It seems the store owner might have been burning something scentless and mildly intoxicating, as the time reveals itself to have advanced unexpectedly fast. There is enough time to get to the listed location with a little time to spare, perhaps enough for a small errand.
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down