Similar topics

Allor- Hail to the Thief.

Go down

Allor- Hail to the Thief.

Post by GrayWatch on Sun May 24, 2009 11:43 pm

A breeze drifts through the room, bringing a slight, refreshing chill from the warmth of the fire crackling in pit chipped in the center hole in the floor, the smoke of which drifts up into a small seam in a corner of the ceiling. The stone walls are lined with empty sacks and there are a few battered crates strewn about the place. However the eye is instead drawn towards the rather more full sacks strewn about the cavern. In this chamber some distance from the exit of the cave system men gather about conversing with each other, drinking and a small few even cooking over the fire, most sitting upon sacks of silver, perhaps in imitation of what, at first glance appears to be a cat curled up and just raising it's head, upon a mound of such bags piled to the height of a man's waist.

A few of the men take note and elbow each other and point it out. As the cat, which on closer inspection, seems to have it's limbs be subtly wrong and it's paws misshapen blinks a little blearily the men begin to chuckle quietly. In what is possibly a feat worthy of songs and sagas one of the men appears to have managed to slip a set of tiny leather boots onto the cat-thing's feet without having woken it (as it begins to become obvious his forepaws are in fact hands).

"Afternoon Boots-ah, I mean Boss." says one of the nearby men, laying down a bottle of something fermented, a clay bowl, and, in keeping with the usual joke a set of tiny black pants, tunic, and a tiny hat, which, if scaled up, would be ridiculously large and gaudy. It had a tattered quill for a feather.
avatar
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allor- Hail to the Thief.

Post by Automaton Hero on Mon May 25, 2009 12:24 am

Allor sat up as his gaze meet the boots fitted upon his feet. How his men managed to fit them on him, and NOT wake him up, was beyond him sometimes, but that was what was required of them: to be sneaky. "Very clever..." he said with a slightly sour tone, before slipping the boots off and dropping them to the floor. He hopped from the pile with a nimble grace and landed beside the pile of clothing laid out for him.

After slipping on the clothes and setting the hat upon his head with the tattered quill pointing backwards, he turned to the sacks of loot he was sleeping upon. He reached into a large hole within the sacks and pulled out a Moonsilver Reaper Daiklave, which looked about the size of a long dagger to his men. After settling it into a small loop on the belt of his tunic, he turned to his men once more.

"Alright, boys... is there any news on new caravan's coming this way?" he asked, having been asleep for the past six hours.
avatar
Automaton Hero
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allor- Hail to the Thief.

Post by GrayWatch on Wed May 27, 2009 5:11 pm

"Aye boss." said one of the men across the fire. "Looks like we got an Icewalker caravan heading back home from a northern tour, and iff'n they keep schedule there's should be another one coming in from Iron Falls in a day or three."

From another corner of the room a voice replies "There looks to be a blighter of a storm coming in off the sea to the north. The Icewalkers probably won't slow down much but that's going to stop the local cold. At least until the snow and ice gets thick enough that they can fit up those runners they use to glide on ice..."
avatar
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allor- Hail to the Thief.

Post by Automaton Hero on Wed May 27, 2009 7:15 pm

Allor listened to his men intently as they explained the situation to him. Attacking the caravan that's coming in wouldn't be much of a good idea. If a caravan doesn't come, or if someone escapes claiming to have been attacked by bandits, they'd be in a lot of trouble. Icehome would probably send someone to find them and "dispose" of them.

"Well then... looks like the Icewalkers are going to have a little surprise coming to them, boys..." he told them, rubbing his hands together, "We shall pick them off once they come close enough to the base." He pointed to two of his men and jerked his head towards the entrance of the cave. "You two, keep an eye out and inform us of when the Icewalkers are nearing," he told them, before turning to the rest, "As for the rest of you, ready your weapons. We're taking all we can carry... even the clothes on their backs."
avatar
Automaton Hero
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allor- Hail to the Thief.

Post by GrayWatch on Sat May 30, 2009 11:10 pm

As the men dash about in a flurry of preparation one of your closer followers comes close and asks how you want to deploy. The Ice-walkers will almost certainly be following the main road, so an ambush is possible. You won't know for certain until your scouts come back though and an alternate path will probably reduce your fighting effectiveness


((At this point you may want to detail your follower-makeup in an OOC thread or I will make a standard bandit template (50/50 common outlaws/rebels) and apply it to all 20 of them.))
avatar
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allor- Hail to the Thief.

Post by Automaton Hero on Sat May 30, 2009 11:20 pm

((I don't have to tenacity to come up with a bunch of details. I'll just go with the standard 50/50.))

Allor rubbed his fuzzy chin for a moment as his men asked him how they should deploy. It would be unwise to send all of his men out at once. If the first volley could weaken them, then the second could easily finish them off. "Eight men, and myself, will go out first," he informed his band of thieves, "The rest will come in shortly after the fighting ensues, if any." He shut his eyes for a moment and hoped that no men would be lost, before opening them. "Alright, get ready, you sorry bunch," he told them with a chuckle, before stepping over to the entrance of the cave. His sharp, clever eyes watched out for the scouts, waiting for their return to inform them that the Icewalkers were coming.
avatar
Automaton Hero
Junior Member
Junior Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allor- Hail to the Thief.

Post by GrayWatch on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:40 pm

-=Closed at request of player=-
avatar
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allor- Hail to the Thief.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum