s159
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Move

5 posters

Go down

The Move Empty The Move

Post by CromTheConqueror Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:05 pm

We're currently set to move to http://stormnexus.net/Forum/. We will be moving into a site which draws a disturbing parallel to Dwiz's site in that it will not be solely about role-playing. Now, for those such as Tuv, who have grave concerns about this, here, are the terms I worked out.

1. We will have everything from insert link, spoiler, image, video, bold, italic, underline, right, left, center, size, ect before we make the official move.

2. Our domain. That means no one can do anything that will affect us in anyway shape or form such as screwing with our forums to make them more manageable unless we want them to be more manageable. In this respect it will be just as if 0rc was the only admin who could make changes to the site that concern us.

3. Regulation. We will have our own chatango, and the same forums we had here, and the only person who can regulate or ban us while operating on said turf will be 0rc who has held that power all along. You do not have to be afraid of Xlight or someone else getting their panties in a bunch and banning or suspending you.

In turn we will have a nicer looking site, we will be able to fix a few of the minor flaws that plague this site such as new topic standing in for new reply, we will have quite a bit more traffic, and when we actually do want changes or thing we see as improvements we will be able to get them. This includes numerous things we would probably never get using our current site. In turn every RP has been ported by 0rc already unto the site.

So that’s where we stand.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

The Move Empty Re: The Move

Post by Kamica Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:46 am

Hmm... We will still focus mostly on roleplaying right? =/
Kamica
Kamica

http://www.freewebs.com/lands-of-kumai

Back to top Go down

Post by Orc Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:49 pm

X's intention is to go for a half-and-half site: half role-playing, half gaming. Now while I do not wholly agree with X on this focus since I believe it to be ignorant of the member base, he does intend on getting members that are either RPers or gamers. Despite that, I intend to make it my top priority that role-playing be preserved and flourish on Stormnexus.
Orc
Orc
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gath_Stormer Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:24 am

I've never seen this before but if it means anything after 2 months I wanna move.
Gath_Stormer
Gath_Stormer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamica Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:58 am

I'd prefer not to move =/
Kamica
Kamica

http://www.freewebs.com/lands-of-kumai

Back to top Go down

Post by Zan105 Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:44 pm