s159
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fate of War Interest Thread

4 posters

Go down

Fate of War Interest Thread Empty Fate of War Interest Thread

Post by Gath_Stormer Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:31 pm

I've been pondering this idea for a few days. Basicly its a rp about the war between two powers in the fictional world of Evare, The Roasen Republic and the Anerasken Empire including three smaller countries caught directly in the way The Garetenland, Dalas, and Benarua. This will include basicly three main things (A direct character to character rp as officers in one of the powers, a army vs army war between the war allowing you to directly command the armies to victory, and the economical and political factors within your country). You will start as a Coloniel in the army of your respective countries in command of a division. You will as you gain prestige and experience be promoted up in ranks.

Tell me what you think of this and I will include more information like specs to the countries. Maps. Etc.
Gath_Stormer
Gath_Stormer

Back to top Go down

Fate of War Interest Thread Empty Re: Fate of War Interest Thread

Post by GrayWatch Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:46 pm

....I think I've seen this plot before.
A handful of small countries caught between 2 larger warring empires and we see and play the conflict from the perspectives of peoples from both the large and small nations. And we gain experience to "level up"

I'm not saying it's BAD idea....

I'm just saying you've made a play-by-post version of Final Fantasy 12.
GrayWatch
GrayWatch
RP DM
RP DM

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:59 pm

I THOUGHT THE EXACT SAME THING! Except this will probably be a decent whereas FF12 sucked.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaoswizkid Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:48 am

The success of this RP depends on how active it's GM and its RPers are, as with all RPs, so I just want to say that it'd probably be better to flush this place with activity first.

Other than that, the success of this RP will also depend on how well you deliver dynamic, unique, and intriguing political and economic factors.

Sounds like a good idea, other than that.

Chaoswizkid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gath_Stormer Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:42 am

Now that I think of it, it does sound like Final Fantasy 12. I didn't get the idea from that though. Maybe I subcounciously remembered that though. But well in FF XII you play a man rebelling against one country to preserve his former country. So the only thing the same would be the back story of two large coutnries fighting and a few caught in the middle.
And its not a "experience" thing as in you kill a solder 100 XP congrads 1000 more and your level 2 or something. The ranks are gained specifically by your ability to take command of your men and win.
Now that I see some people are interested maybe I can begin posting the information about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As for the first bit of information how about the specs for the countries.

Name: Roasen Republic
Government: Republic with a president and a senate.
Leader: President Robert T. Jackel (The president has much of the same power as maybe the United States president he can choose to deny any laws written by the senate though he can always be overruled. He is the commander and chief of all miltary powers. etc.)
Senate: The senate is the main governmental body in Roasen they pass laws and their vote as well as the president's is needed to declare war. It is made up of 50 members not including all of the secataries and president that will have deciding votes incase of any tie. All members are elected.
Location: The Republic is located in the South/South East of the Western countiant in the world.
History: The Roasen Republic like their rivals the Anerasken Empire were formed from much humbler beginnings. Over one hundred years ago the whole Western countinant was split into dozens and dozens of smaller countries. When the Emperor Eron Quicksilver the Great ruler of the whole Eastern countinant finally sailed to the West and began his assault of the Western countinant the small countries decided on a union. With the new Union established after many long years of fighting the war finally ended with the death of Quicksilver and collapse of Quicksilver's Empire. The countries unified into a single country spanning the Western countiant in a few years a diasterous civil war erupt though. From the fighting came two seprate fractions. One of these fractions was lead by Fredrick Roasen who established it as a Republic.

(Will continue when I get more time)

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Consider this rp discontinued I have found it as unorganized on my part and a future failure.
Gath_Stormer
Gath_Stormer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down